Member Spotlight - September 2023
Chef Saul Ramirez, EC
Chef Ramirez is Executive Chef at the Nisqually Red Wind Casino. He is a certified Executive Chef and Certified Culinary Administrator.
Saul did an apprenticeship program through the American Culinary Federation, in Lake Tahoe, California. During his 35-year career, he has worked for casinos all over the country as well as private country clubs in Palm Springs, California. During his journey he had a chance to cook for celebrities, such as Oscar de la Hoya, Bob Hope, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, and other celebrities, while working for Edgewood Tahoe. Currently, Chef Saul is a part of the apprentice program for the Nisqually tribe and oversees the development of the new Chef’s Apprentices’ Program. Saul is currently a board member for the Washington Chef’s Association Chapter.
View his favorite recipe below…
Yield: 4 – 2” hotel pan
- 2 Bags potato sliced fresh
- 10 QT heavy cream
- 2 QT liquid egg
- ½ cup seasoning mix
- 1 bag mozzarella Shredded
- 1 bag shredded parmesan
- In a 5-gallon bucket, mix all the liquids and the seasoning mix.
- Get all four 2” hotel pans and start lining the pan with the potato slices.
- Combine the liquids together and then add the cheese mix together.
- Repeat process just like making lasagna – Ensure to push down product to compact it.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Cook the dish for 45 minutes in the oven.