WHITE CHOCOLATE TIRAMISU W/ POMEGRANATE INFUSION
We presented this for the first time at Mammoth Hot Springs dining room in Yellowstone as a Valentine’s dessert special. It’s easier than it sounds and the presentation is beautiful. Enjoy!
- 6 0z. Mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 24 lady fingers
White Chocolate Zabaglione, recipe follows:
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white chocolate (chips, discs, block)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier (you may omit this if you wish)
- Add cream and white chocolate to a heavy, small saucepan. Cook and stir until chocolate discs are melted and smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and Grand Marnier in a bowl until blended. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, but do not allow the bottom of the pan to touch the water. (A Double Boiler may also be used). Whisk the egg mixture over the simmering water until it is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a rubber spatula, fold the melted white chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate to chill completely. This mixture will have the consistency of pastry cream.
- Place the mascarpone cheese in a large bowl and set aside. With a mixer, whip the cream and ¼ cup of sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone. Then fold in the chilled White Chocolate Zabaglione. Cover and refrigerate.
- Warm the pomegranate juice over a low heat. Whisk the warmed pomegranate juice and the remaining ¼ cup sugar in a saucepan until it forms a simple syrup. Remove from heat and cool.
- Line a 9 1/4 x 5 x 2 3/4 Loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing the plastic to extend over the sides. Working with one lady finger at a time, dip the cookies into the simple syrup and arrange in a single layer side by side over the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon 1/3 of the Zabaglione mixture over the cookies to cover. Repeat dipping the cookies in the syrup and layer the cookies and remaining Zabaglione mixture two more times. Dip the remaining cookies in the syrup and arrange side by side on top of the tiramisu. Press lightly to compact slightly. Cover the tiramisu with plastic and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Unwrap the plastic from atop the tiramisu. Invert the tiramisu onto a platter. Remove the plastic wrap. Slice and plate. Garnish with white chocolate curls and pomegranate syrup.