WASHINGTON ALDER GRILLED CHICKEN
- ½ cup of Fruity white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp crushed Marjoram
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp crushed tyme
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Washington grown chicken breasts (Draper Farms)
- Raspberry glaze
- 8 sage leaves
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients except chicken, sage leaves, and vegetable oil; mix well.
- Marinate chicken in the mixture for 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add moistened alder chips to hot coals.
- Grill chicken skin side down, approximately 8 to 10 minutes; turn and cook until chicken tests done at 165 degrees and juices run clear when cut with a knife.
- Fry sage leaves till crisp 350 degrees, pat dry and hold on absorbent towel
- Serve with Raspberry glaze, garnish with fresh raspberries and crispily fried sage leaves
- Raspberry Glaze: Combine ¼ cup of fresh or frozen Raspberries in a sauce pan with ¼ cup of dry port wine 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 1/2 tsp corn starch slurried with port wine. Cook and stir over medium low heat until sauce thickens and comes to a boil stir in 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar; strain and pour over chicken.
- Combine ¼ cup of fresh or frozen Raspberries in a sauce pan with ¼ cup of dry port wine, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 1/2 tsp corn starch slurried with port wine.
- Cook and stir over medium low heat until sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar; strain and pour over chicken.
Recipe Nutritional Info:
412 calories, 31 grams of protein, 20 grams of fat (5 saturated fat), 18 Grams Carbohydrates, 93 mg. cholesterol / 94 mg sodium
79 calories /o grams. Protein/ 0grams fat/16grams carbohydrates. 0mg
Wine suggestion: Merlot / Summer time dry Rose”