VEAL SCALOPPINI WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE
- 4 Veal scaloppini, about 2 oz. each, pounded
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ c. All purpose flour
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 5 Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped onion
- 1 c. Fresh baby spinach
- ½ c. Marsala
- 1/4-cup Heavy cream
- TT Salt
- TT Fresh ground pepper
- Add butter in a large heavy hot skillet until melted
- Dredge the veal scaloppini with flour (Be sure that the veal is
patted dry before dredging) and sauté the scaloppini in the butter for 1
minute on each side.
- Remove from skillet and keep them aside in a plate.
- Add the garlic, cremini mushrooms and onion to hot skillet and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add the spinach and sauté for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with Marsala and add the cream.
- Bring to a boil and return the veal scaloppini to the skillet with the sauce.
- Reduce the sauce slightly and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the veal scaloppini with the mushroom and spinach sauce on top.