RED ONION AND ROSEMARY MARMALADE
Yield: 1 quart
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lbs red onions shaved thin
- 1 tsp. rosemary, fresh, chopped fin
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp beef base
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Season salt to taste
- In hot sauté pan add the olive oil and red onion.
- Continue to sauté at medium heat until onions are soft. Stir frequently.
- Add red wine and rosemary, reduce until almost dry.
- Deglaze with beef stock and reduce until almost dry.
- Add heavy cream and reduce by half. Remove from heat and season to taste.