PURÉE OF CHESTNUT SOUP
Yield: Serves 6
- 4 Tbs Butter
- ½ ea – Onion, small dice
- 1 ea – Celery
- 1 ea – Leek
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ cup Red wine
- 1 btl peeled, cooked chestnuts,drained (24 oz bottle)
- 3 qt Chicken stock
- ¼ c Crème fraîche
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish chervil leaves
- Heat soup pan to medium. Add butter.
- Add onion, celery, leek and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add chestnuts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red wine and reduce by half.
- Add enough stock to cover the chestnuts. Cook until chestnuts are tender. Add more stock if needed.
- Purée the soup.
- Finish with crème fraîche and chervil leaves.