- Game hen (fabricated into frenched breasts and frenched hind quarters) 1 each
- Tomatillos 3 each
- Pumpkinseeds, shelled 2 T
- Yellow onion, chopped 2Tb
- Cilantro, chopped 1 T
- Parsley, chopped 1 T
- Epezote, chopped 1T
- Chicken stock. 1.5 cups
- Serrano pepper (optional) ½ tsp
- Kosher salt TT
- Fresh cracked pepper TT
- Half, season and oil tomatilos roast in the oven @ 350° F until soft.
- Toast pumpkin seeds on low heat till aromatic.
- Place ½ stock and all ingredients except chicken in blender till smooth.
- Return to heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- During this time season and sear game hen skin side down till nice coloring.
- Turn over and place pan in oven at 350* F till internally 165*Fv , 15-20 minutes.
- Return sauce to blender and add remainder of stock and then blend till smooth.
- Return to pan and bring to temperature.
- Remove chicken deglaze pan with stock reduce.
- Pour over game hen and garnish with pumpkin seeds crushed.
- Serve with wild rice pilaf, roasted chayote squash, carrot and corn medley, and garnish with fried plantain chips.
- Notes: When using chayote squash remember to peel tough outer layer, roast tomatoes and pumpkin seeds on slow even heat as not to burn.
- (Inspired by Rick Bayless)