POACHED PEARS IN WINE SAUCE
Yield: Serves Four
- 4 each – Bartlet or Bosc Pears (Hard or unripe is okay)
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 1 cup – Red Wine
- 4 Tbsp. – Lavender Honey
- 4 Tbsp. – Parmesan Cheese Curls
- Preheat over to 375F. Wash and dry the pears. Cut the bottoms from the pears so that they stand up in a roasting pan or pyrex dish.
- Place pears in the pan and pour the sugar around the pears. Pour the wine over the sugar and bake the pears for 45-60 mins or until soft.
- Remove the pears from the oven to let cool slightly and reduce the juice in the pan by half or until it is a syrupy consistency.
- After cooled, place each pear on a dessert plate while the juice is reducing, drizzle a tbsp. of honey on each plate with the pear.
- Drizzle the reduced sauce over each pear and sprinkle with parmesan cheese curls.