HALIBUT WITH ORANGE AND HORSERADISH CRUST
Yields: 6 portions
- 1 1/2 cups – Dry Bread crumbs
- 6 Tbsp – Horseradish, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp – Orange zest, finely grated
- 4 each – Garlic clove, minced
- 6 each – Halibut fillets, 7 oz. trimmed of skin, bones and dark membrane
- 1 tsp – Salt
- 1/2 tsp – Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp – Canola oil
- 3 tsp – Sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine crumbs, horseradish, orange zest and garlic in shallow pan.
- Season fillets with salt, then press into crumb mixture, coating both sides completely.
- Heat oils in oven proof sauté pan. Brown one side of each fillet, one to two fillets at a time for easier handling.
- Arrange fillets, brown side on top, in sauté pan. Place in oven until fish is firm in the middle.
Spicy Butter Sauce
- 1 cup – White wine
- 1 Tbsp – Distilled Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp – Shallots, minced fine
- 1 Tbsp – Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup – Heavy Cream
- 8 oz. – Butter, chilled, cut small
Add after straining
- 2 Tbsp – Rice vinegar, seasoned
- 1 tsp – Sambuli Chili paste
- Bring wine, vinegar, lemon juice and shallots to boil. Reduce by half.
- Add heavy cream and reduce by half, remove from heat and slowly add butter, taking care not to break sauce.
- Strain sauce and add chili paste and rice vinegar.