CRAB CAKES WITH ROASTED CORN AND MAPLE BACON
- Fresh Corn, roasted cut from cob – 1/2 cup
- Dungeness Crab meat lightly pressed not squeezed – 12 oz
- Red crab meat, lightly pressed not squeezed – 12 oz
- Shallots, minced – 4 Tbsp
- Fresh chives, minced – 2 Tbsp
- Parsley, chopped – 1 Tbsp
- Fresh Tarragon, chopped – 1.5 Tbsp
- Red Bell pepper, bruniose – 3 Tbsp
- Yellow bell pepper, bruniose – 3 Tbsp
- Dijon – 4 Tsp
- Panko – 6 Tbsp
- Cooked Maple bacon 1/4? cut – 6 Tbsp
- Mayo – 2/3 Cup
- Kosher Salt – pinch
- Cayenne – pinch
- Eggs lightly beaten – 2 Each
- Lightly oil corn on the cob, season, and grill.
- Cut kernels from cob and chill.
- Combine with corn, fold together.
- Gently fold into crab mixture.
- Using a number 50 rind mold form into tall disc ( 2.5 oz each), Lightly press into panko on both sides.
- Saute in clarified butter until golden brown, gently flip and saute other side.
- Finish in oven to internal temp of 145