Washington State Chef's
Member Spotlight - June 2012
My interest started when I was five. I would watch my mother and grandmother cook for hours, while I asked questions. As I got older my interests became my passion. From peeling potatoes to broiling, I started in the scully to rise through the ranks to the line. I decided to make culinary arts my career. In order to achieve my goals, I went back to school to become a great culinarian. I graduated in Summer 2012 and have been a WSCA member since 2011.
In 5 years I would like to be in my own restaurant.
What the ACF means to me:
A connection to the culinary world, ideas, and endless education.
SHRIMP & CRAB BISQUE
- Clarified butter
- tomato paste
- fish volute
- bay leaf
- dried thyme
- black pepper corns
- parsley stems
- heavy cream
- white pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Caramelize mirepoix, shrimp, and crab shells in butter.
- Add garlic and tomato paste sauté lightly.
- Add brandy Flambé.
- Add wine deglaze and reduce half.
- Add volute and sachet and simmer 1 hour.
- Strain reserve shells discard sachet.
- Grind bones strain threw fine chinos.
- Return to bisque add cream.
- Season salt, cayenne, white pepper and sherry.
- Sautee shrimp and crab add to bisque.