CHICKEN TAGINE AND BEET MANGO SALAD SLIDER
Safeco Field at TASTE Washington- The chefs of Safeco Field participated at TASTE Washington at Qwest Field to promote the culinary aspects of the ballpark experience. We served 4500 portions to an eager audience. Here is the recipe for you to enjoy.
Yield: 8 Servings
Beet Mango Salad Ingredients:
- 3 raw Beets – washed, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 Mango – peeled and cube
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 10-12 Mint Leaves
- 1Tbs chopped cilantro
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 T Lime Juice
- 2T Plain Yogurt
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place beets and mangos in a bowl and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Pound garlic, mint and salt in a mortar and pestle until smooth – gradually add lime juice,
- Yogurt, orange juice, and oil.
- Pour half sauce over beets and mangos and toss. Add more as needed.
Chicken Tagine Ingredients:
- 1 small chicken cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 c Water
- 1 Slice Lemon
- Pinch of Saffron Threads
- 4 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 t Ground ginger
- 1/2 t Paprika
- 1/4 t Ground Cumin
- 7 oz. Pitted green Olives, rinsed
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- Pan sear the chicken in a medium pan in the oil, add lemon, saffron, garlic, salt,5Tbs water and half of the ginger.
- Reduce heat and cover. Cover and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Add remaining ginger, paprika and cumin and stir gently.
- Remove chicken, cut into small pieces and take out bones. Return it to the sauce (there should be approx 3/4 cup).
- Add olives and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place some salad on slider bun and top with chicken. MMMM…