CHICKEN SAUTÉ WITH SHALLOT, GARLIC AND THYME
- Chicken thighs (deboned) – 6
- Salt and pepper – TT
- Flour – enough to dredge the chicken
- Butter – 1 fl. oz
- Shallot (minced) – 1 oz
- Garlic (chopped) – 4 cloves
- Dry White Wine – 4 fl. oz
- Chicken Stock – 4 fl. oz
- Fresh Thyme (de-stemmed) – ½ Tbsp.
1. Remove any excess fat from thighs. Leave skin on.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the thighs in flour.
3. Sauté the thighs in the butter and brown them. When they are cooked through remove them from the sauté pan and hold in a warm place.
4. Add shallot and garlic to sauté’ pan and heat them both until they become slightly translucent.
5. Deglaze the pan with wine.
6. Add chicken stock and reduce the sauce. Add fresh thyme just before desired consistency is attained.
7. Serve with Sauce.
I enjoy this dish with sautéed asparagus and herbed risotto.