Yield: Serves Four
- 1 ea 3 ½ lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup sherry wine or a fruity white wine
- 8 ea garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 1 ea sprig fresh thyme
- 2 t red pepper powder
- 1 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ea lemon, zest and juice
- 1 ½ oz olive oil
- 2 ea chorizo sausage
- 1 ea onion, cut into large dice
- 2 ea red bell peppers cut into large dice
- 2 ea tomatoes cut into large dice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- The night before -Combine wine, garlic, thyme, red pepper powder, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and zest.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade reserving the marinade.
- Let drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in your braising pan and sear to a beautiful golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan sear the chicken pieces on both sides also to a golden brown and set aside.
- Add the onions and peppers and sauté until soft.
- Add the reserved marinade and over high heat and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the chicken, chorizo, tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer, cover with parchment and lid.
- Place into a 325 degree oven for approximately 1 hour.
- Put some brown rice in the rice cooker and now you can go out and mow the lawn and wash the car .Me I am going to ride my Harley. When you come back in the house will smell great!!!!
- Grab a good loaf of French bread and a small salad and your there.